Fighting Post-Christmas Blues
After the joy and happiness of Christmas it is very common for people to feel a sense of let down and fall into the post-Christmas blues.Fortunately, there are easy ways to combat this condition and our family here at the Willow Tree figures fan club want to help you shake the blues and enjoy the holidays even after they have come and gone!
1. Kindness. Continue the tradition of Christmas by looking for ways to show kindness to those around you in some shape or form, no matter who they are.
2. Time with loved ones. Even if some of your family is far away or if you have no family around after the season ends find ways to connect and stay in touch with them throughout the year!
3. The tree. You might not want a dried and shedding Christmas tree in your home come March, but keeping live plants in the home can be a big mood booster.
4. The smells. Much of what makes Christmas so special and what helps us form such great memories are the smells of the season. Continue to enjoy those smells all year round with candles, essential oils, and potpourris.
5. Send mail. Remember how nice it was to get those Christmas Cards in the mail? Send letters and cards to friends and family to keep in touch and show them you are thinking about them.
6. Giving. More than just gifts you can give of your time, talents, and finances to help others. If you choose to give gifts make them ones that mean something special like photos or commemorative figures from the Willow Tree Figures Collection.
7. Anticipation. Waiting for Christmas day is a big part of the tradition of the season, so keep that thrill alive by planning special trips, events, and family games and dates that let you spend time together and build great memories together.
8. Lights. If you don’t want to be ‘that family’ who keeps their Christmas lights up all year find ways to incorporate unique lights and colors into your everyday décor!
9. Create new traditions. Find ways to make every month special with unique food, activities, games, and make new traditions to enjoy with the family.
10. Love. The one thing that makes Christmas so special is the love we share and feel so keep the love alive for your family every single day. That is what the Willow Tree figures family does and we hope you will give it a try too!